2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
2 tablespoons dried green peppercorns
1 tablespoon Szechuan pepper (see note)
4 fillets of sirloin of 200 g, cut
1 egg white, slightly beaten
8 portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, halved
1/3 cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
4 spring onions, crushed
200g baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Select all ingredients
- Preheat a chargrill bread to medium-high.
- Crush all crushed peppercorns in a spice or mortar and pestle. Transfer to a plate. Slightly brush each side of the fillets with egg white and press into the peppercorn mixture to cover. Season and book.
- Rub the mushroom with the garlic. Place in a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of oil, then season. Chargrill for 2-3 minutes each side until charred. Let cool.
- Chargrill steaks for 6-8 minutes, turning once, to medium-rare. Rest, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mushroom, onion, and spinach together. Beat together Dijon, balsamic and 2 tablespoons remaining oil, season, then mix with the salad.
- Divide the steaks and mushroom salad between 4 courses and serve.