- 1 serving (12 ounces) of fresh pizza dough
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, boneless, cubed chicken breast halves (2 ounces)
- 1 (4 ounces) sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup onion cut vertically
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 °.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil, chicken, and sausage; Saute for 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan; swirl. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; Saute 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Punch dough down. Sprinkle a baking tray with cornmeal. Make the dough to a 14-inch circle in the baking tray. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil; Sprinkle with 2 ounces of cheese. Place the chicken mixture, the mixture of vegetables and peppers across the cheese, leaving a 1/4 inch boundary. Top with remaining cheese and crushed red pepper. Bake at 450 ° for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Brush and with herbs. Slice.