2 tablespoons. vegetable oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 a red pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms (one standard-size tray package)
4 cups chicken broth
2 chicken breasts, cut into small dice
2 tablespoons. Gourmet Garden ™ Lemon grass herb paste (the stuff in the tube or the real thing, if you can find it)
1 tsp. Fish sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup of half and a half (10%) cream
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons. Red curry paste
1 1/2 teaspoon. Sambal Oelek chili paste (or Sriracha, as an alternative, but you may need less)
2-3 tablespoons Tomato paste (to taste)
1 tablespoon. cornstarch
2 cups cooked rice (long grain white or brown rice or try a long grain mixture with wild rice for an added texture)
Fresh cilantro, parsley or basil leaves crushed to decorate
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, onion, garlic and mushrooms; Saute 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, chili-garlic sauce and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer; Cook 20 minutes. Add the chicken; Cook for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Add the juice and juice of 1 lemon. Serve garnished with coriander and remaining lemon cut into wedges.